Bio Suites Hotel is situated in a quiet area near the beach in the heart of Rethymnon.
The hotel name “BIO” was chosen because the hotel was built on the location of one of the biggest olive oil extracting factories in Rethymnon, operating from 1920 until 1940.
The name of this area was BIO which is the short version for the Greek word “Biomichaniki periochi” which means Industrial zone. The chimney, which is the only remaining structure of the original factory built in 1920, still stands tall in the center of the newly built hotel complex. With a height of 45m and a diameter of about 3m it has been announced by Greek Ministry of Culture as an official monument of the early period of Greece. It has been stabilized by the hotel on its expenses with iron.